Happy Tuesday, Friends!
It's an especially great Tuesday because I am off & on Fall break! Yay :) I am so excited to link-up with Andrea for Show & Tell Tuesday. I can't wait to see what quirky things people share!
1. My biggest fear is porta-pottys. I don't even know how you spell that but I am terrified I will be in one and suddenly it'll be knocked over and well yeah I hate them!
2. I am newly obsessed with Oprah Chai tea with steamed coconut milk.My supervisor introduced me to them and now I am hooked. It's not too sweet and perfect for chilly mornings
3. I am extremely type-a. When plans change or I don't feel prepared for something, I typically have to have a little pep talk with myself to prevent a full-blown panic attack. just realized how much I like to be in charge because of this. Maybe that's why I am so bossy ;) I am working to accept spontaneity and see the good in change! :)
4. I am getting ready to marry my high school sweetheart. Zack and I met 8 years ago and started dating in 2008! I am so excited to get to marry this guy. We have changed and grown so much
This picture came up on my Timehop this week. It was from my senior night of volleyball, SIX years ago!
5. Being a coaches' fiancee/wife is hard. This season has been particularly rough. We don't live together, so I see him on Friday evenings for about 10 mins after the game, all day Saturday and Sunday until 3 for his meeting. It's tough with our schedules being different and we don't even have kids to add to the mix. However, it's really the best feeling when you watch someone you love do something they are passionate about. That makes all the missed time worth it.
6. I love the elderly. Have you ever found your group of people? Not just your friends but I mean like the age group you love most? I am thinking of my teacher friends who love their middle-schoolers.. Well I love all the old folks. Their stories and their kindness melt my heart. I love them. Im so lucky in my field that I can work with all ages from birth-elderly. I love meeting them where they are at and there is so much I can learn from them.
7. When I'm upset/anxious/worried- a shower & a little bit of prayer solve all my problems. Its like medicine. Do you have any tricks to help fix a bad day?
8. I love cows. I think they have the sweetest faces. I am always telling zack to slow down so I can talk to the ones by my house :)
9. Krispy Kreme donuts are my love language
I would rather have a Krispy Kreme donut than a birthday cake. Zack gave me such a hard time when I signed up for their email list. I mean I got a free donut 😉
10. I am terrified of needles.
You are possibly thinking, doesn't she have diabetes? Yep, and I am still terrified. As in I still bring my mom with me for blood work and I have to work my self up to do a site change. Ugh.
Quick story... My doctor called me one day and had me move my appt up. I agreed but asked zack to tag along so I wouldn't pass out. I usually take my mom. Well the lady who did my bloodwork was new and failed miserably at sticking me. She even thought I was going to pass out based off "sweat" on my forehead, but really I just had to much moisturizer on! I complained to my doctor, and requested to never have her again. He completely agreed, and I have decided to always request the veteran nurse :)
I love this week's show & tell! Can't wait to read about you!