A Christmas Tradition
Happy New Year! I can't believe it's already the fourth of January. Time flies when you're on break, well actually I think it has begun to fly regardless...
Anyways, I wanted to share a Christmas Treat today that has been in my family for years. Memaw has made the Christmas trees for as long as my dad can remember. I couldn't wait another twelve months to share the recipe with you.
The orange flavored cinnamon rolls are a must, but recently Pillsbury has stopped making them, so we have to use our local grocery store's brand. I really hope they make a comeback.
(A printable version of this recipe is available at the bottom)
2 packs of orange cinnamon (danish) rolls -icing included
1 jar of maraschino cherries (Red)
1 jar of maraschino cherries (Green)
2. Pre-Heat oven
3. Place Cinnamon rolls on the sheet creating a pyramid (tree).
4. Save out two rolls for the trunk, unraveling the ends to create a stem.
5. Bake in the Oven for 15 minutes
6. Let the Rolls cool, and add the orange icing
7. Put the ornaments on the tree
(cherries in the middle of the rolls)
Printer Friendly- Recipe
"Memaw's Christmas Rolls"
A Christmas Tradition.Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15-20 minutes
Total time: 25-30 minutes
Yield: 8-10 rolls, 1 Christmas tree
Pillsbury Orange Cinnamon Rolls
Green Maraschino Cherries
Red Maraschino Cherries
- Pre-heat the oven
- Place Cinnamon rolls on the sheet creating a pyramid (tree).
- Save out two rolls for the trunk, unraveling the ends to create a stem.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes
- Let the rolls cool and add the orange icing.
- Place the cherries in the center of the rolls alternating colors (the ornaments)